Strawberry Week Art Competition
Download your free National Strawberry Week colouring sheet and answer the question to be in with a chance to win!
DOWNLOAD THE COLOURING SHEET HERE!
To celebrate National Strawberry Week from 5-12 June 2017, Agri Aware and the Incredible Edibles' Team in conjunction withBord Bia, and The Irish Soft Fruit Growers Association, we are giving schools a chance to win a class trip to Family Farm, developed by Agri Aware and Dublin Zoo.
How to enter
Please return your class entries (colouring sheets), with completed forms, to Agri Aware, Strawberry Competition, Waverley Office Park, Old Naas Road, Bluebell, Dublin 12 by 5 May 2017. Multiple colouring sheets may be submitted per class.
The winner will be announced on 15 May 2017 via Agri Aware’s website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. A selection of entries will be displayed in the Family Farm Farmhouse in Dublin Zoo during the month of June.
Judge’s decision is final.
The winning class will win a trip to Family Farm, developed by Agri Aware and Dublin Zoo including lunch and transport on either 24 of May 2017. Four runner-up schools will win strawberries for everyone in their class.
More information can be found HERE!
Did you know?
- Strawberries are naturally high in fibre, vitamin C and potassium with 8-10 strawberries having more vitamin C than a large orange
- Unlike some other fruits, strawberries don’t continue to ripen once picked
- Strawberries aren’t members of the berry family! The strawberry is one of several types of fruit-bearing plants in the Rosaceae (Rose) family that produce clusters of fruit (aggregates) from a single flower
- There are almost 200 seeds on the surface of a strawberry
- The biggest single strawberry on record weighed 8.17 ounces – that’s the size of a large apple
- Strawberries can also be white or yellow and some can even taste like pineapples
Get colouring and good luck!